Boat Dock Information
Covenants - Article VII - Plat Restrictions - Building - Construction
Article VII - Section (B) - #10
All plans for building new boat docks, or plans for the repair and renovation of existing boat docks must
be submitted to the Trustees for approval. Boat docks may use plastic, or any other types of non-corrosive
drums which have been triple-washed, and cleaned of all foreign substances and chemicals. No steel barrels or
metal drums shall be used. All lake-front properties with electrical service at or near the water's edge, including
boat docks, either floating or stationary, are required to have an electrical safety inspection performed by a qualified
individual, by May 1, 2016 or whenever lake-front property changes ownership.
- a. All wiring methods and conductors shall be suitable for wet locations;
- b. All wiring shall meet National Electrical Code Article 553 (Floating Buildings);
- c. Disconnect at shore shall be 42” above finish grade and accessible at all times for emergency personnel;
- d. All breakers feeding dock must be GFCI.
- e. A Dock Wiring Inspection Sheet (available at Office) must be completed and returned to the office.
Results of the inspections must be submitted to the Office for review. Any failed inspections must either be corrected
within 90 days of the inspection or electrical service must be removed from the affected area. This change is effective
October 3, 2015 and applies to all lake-front properties, regardless of when electrical service was added.
Boat docks must be 10' foot from the property line and no more than 40' out depending on which part of the lake or cove your in. For more information please call the Office at: (573)358-3133
Click Here For Dock Wiring Inspection Sheet (PDF)
Before any construction begins a Building Permit
will need to be obtained, you can download a Building Permit
Goose Creek Lake website. When you've completed filling out the Building Permit
, you'll need to come into the office and pay for the Building Permit
. You'll also
need to speak with Mindy.